Followers

Friday, December 11, 2009

How can you put all your trust in a man who sleeps in his clothes?




The dog days are quite literally over. Our little champion is now resting in his favourite place to do a poop, the backyard.

Words can't express how much we miss him, so I will leave it at that sentence.

Friends also die. It can be over money, boys... and even BBQs.

Well, I know we're all dying in the Nietzschean sense of the word, but sometimes you die inside your head for a day. And it sucks. For everyone around you as well. You go all Ian Curtis on your friends but you can't help it. Its like trying to pull a sinking ship out of the swirling vacuum of the sea.
So I've quit cigarettes and now I've quit alcohol. I have begun to realise all the things I have done that would never have occured if I had not been drinking. A lot of them good. A lot of them very very bad. But no matter how high on your horse you want to get, you have to admit, being bad is fun.
Why else would we have one night stands, kiss buskers, climb security fences and tackle priests? But then why else would we put our hands through glass windows and urinate in public?
These are the dilemmas of life, people.

But on a brighter, less Joy Division note, here is a band I have discovered that brings me much happiness.

The xx. The link to "Basic Space":

Also check out this very interesting cover of "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits.

No comments: