Followers

Friday, January 22, 2010

"They say if you leave a horse alone it dies, nestles into the hay and shuts its eyes..."

Last night I awoke to find that my most dreaded fear had come to life.

There was a cockroach in my bed.

And it had just crawled over my leg.

Some people say that we wouldn’t be so afraid of cockroaches if they were called something cute like “Fairy Bugs”.

I wouldn’t be so afraid of cockroaches if they weren’t so fucking disgusting.
How is this related to the Mystery Jets album Twenty One?

Unfortunately, I had to use it to crush the body of the audacious insect that had dared invade my mattress on the floor.

It was the only thing handy. I would much rather have used something like Hillsong’s This Is Our God, but I don’t keep that in my house.

I started listening to Twenty One more when I came of age a few weeks ago.

The lyrics are profound, amusing and honest. Umbrellahead is one of my favourite songs off the album.

When you come of age it’s not the same

No umbrella over your head when it rains

And your friends would rather get high than play a game

Oh it’s such a shame the way they change

And Emily’s hung over, Bill feels rough

Thinks his girlfriend might be up the duff...again

She threw up twice last night on the bus

And I never thought growing old could be so tough

The band’s blog says they have a new album coming out sometime during 2010. Its supposed to be the “big brother” to Twenty One.

Next time I will be keeping my sister’s Beyonce CD beside me while I sleep in case of emergency.

No comments: