Followers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mr Right



I used to work nights at Hot Cock dot com, but then I got fired when my mom logged on, I'm on the run, my dad's a bum, I asked my girl if she loved me and she just said 'ummm'.

With lyrics like these you can see why I love Mickey Avalon. And I’m not the only one. Thousands of girls will be flocking to see the Ave tonight at The Forum in Sydney, swooning at the sight of his sweating, emaciated, tattooed body.

God knows why.

He looks like a junkie who has spent the last ten years hocking his ass for crack. That’s probably because he has.

So why is this self-confessed dope fiend famous? He isn’t the first to rap about drug abuse and prostitution.

It’s the Mickey Avalon story. The grandchild of two holocaust survivors and the off spring of two drug addicted parents, Avalon (born Yeshe Perl) was a hustler kamikaze bumping lines off hooker’s abs by his early twenties.

But he has more going for him than that. I think.

His lyrics paint the dark and seedy underbelly of Los Angeles with a rawness that would make the most hardened gangster blush.

Avalon compares himself more to Bob Dylan than Jay Z, describing his tunes as modern day folk music. Those who have listened to his tracks may dispute this, but if you define folk music as music for the people, describing what is true and relevant in your life, you might agree.

Also, Mickey Avalon is more polite than you might think.

He has “Thank You” tattooed on his lower stomach to show gratitude to all the pretty girls who agreed to fuck him.

Sounds like just the kind of boy you want to take home to your parents. Almost… Mr Right.

No comments: