Followers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

We Could Stay Here For A Long Time



The thing I miss most from home is my music. My iPod exploded in my bag on my second day in HCMC. This song is the fucking bomb.

I'll probably be in the city for another week then I'm going to Dalat. I like Saigon, but after My Tho, it seems a bit of a hole. There are so many motorbikes here, so much pollution, the people look pissed off, and the food is more expensive. I'll be going back to the orphanage this week as well and I'm looking forward to seeing the kids again, especially the little girl we called spider monkey because she just runs and jumps on you and latches on. It is obviously sad going there and seeing how these little kids live, but even more sad when you leave because they know and you know you're probably not coming back.

There isn't much there for them to do, and the people paid to work there don't smile a lot. A lot of the disabled kids are left lying on the floor because they're unable to walk. It can often take up to an hour to feed some of the ones with cerebal palsy so you have to be really patient.

I wish that I could take a CD player with me and whack on this song. It would soon have them dancing.

No comments: