Followers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Australia, where the bloody hell are we?

R.I.P. Josefa Raulini.
These are some comments on an article written by Michael Brull on the ABC website.




Jumping off roofs, throwing children overboard or going on hunger strikes... please don't come until you are asked.
There are too many of you and too few of me here (average white working Australian tax payer).
I despair for my children if your numbers grow and it is your influence WE have to live under. I don't like your religion. I don't like your customs. And I don't like that you tell me that I HAVE to accept you on your terms and at my expense.


spongers and scrounger..sure, let's just let anyone in and help themselves to our state benefits, handouts etc. The majority of these people get here and make no effort to integrate or learn the language and group themselves into their own insular communities.
If you've got nothing in the way of skills or anything of worth to contribute to society..bugger off because we don't want you! Go scrounge somewhere else.
All you bleeding hearts. "it's human rights" etc etc..go with them.


His application for refugee status was denied - He was about to be deported.
Therefore due process was followed, and there was obviously no threat of execution hanging over his head in Fiji - Unless for reasons that had nothing to do with a legitimate claim for refugee status.
Threatening to kill yourself unless you are accepted as a refugee is certainly blackmail and in my mind, a form of terrorism - Exactly the same as threatening to burn yourself on the steps of parliment house, or do any harm including to yourself if your demands are not met. It seems to me that genuine refugees would ask for asylum - They would not demand it, or make threats to get it.


Children overboard never happened, everyone knows that, even John Howard.
The second comment is gold, though. "You've got nothing in the way of skills...", who do you think does all your fruit picking and toilet cleaning and just about everything else, even though a lot of asylum seekers and immigrants come here with degrees that can't be used?
Why is it that anyone who vocalizes "bleeding heart" sentiments is characterized as a left wing, pot eating hippie who should leave the country for holding an opinion?
Australia, where the bloody hell are we?

No comments: