Followers

Monday, October 4, 2010

The bittersweet between my teeth

Alright, I might be a little bit obsessed with Chiddy Bang at the moment. They dropped this steaming hot lovely track on Triple J's Like A Version last week..
They took the Naked and Famous song, "Young Blood" and remixed the fuck out of it. It shits all over the original (its alright, no one from NZ reads this blog anyway) and includes some killer lyrics, "I ain't had a handout, no welfare, all I had was cable and the Fresh Prince of Bel-air".
The Naked and Famous vid is a bit too high resolution, Coca Cola commercial for my liking, all those fresh, clear, smiling faces.... shudder. Chiddy Bang adds some much needed dirt to the song.
The blog Pretty Much Amazing has been partly the catalyst for Chiddy Bang's success, hence why they state they're "pretty much amazing" in every radio/t.v. interview/ public appearance.
Its probably better to have a music blog promoting your talent than some crappy talent show anyway.
Enough rambling... I strongly advise you to download the track here!

No comments: